Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bullies... wow

So I know I just added the update blog yesterday and pics today but events from yesterday just shocked me. I came home from school to find Lara hanging out in the front yard while the boys rode their bikes/scooters around the block. As Lara and I were talking Elijah was up on the neighbors driveway when some punk kid older than him rides up on his bike (this kid was from just down the street) and blocks Elijah's path. No words were said so Elijah simply tried to back up, turn his scooter and go around. Then the punk kid scooted his bike up again to block Elijah's new path. Elijah, confused, and coming off a good lecture the day before for hitting his cousin Nate when Nate was being mean to him, once again tried to simply avoid the situation. This kids then proceeds to push Elijah in the chest. Lara spotted this act and hollered over to the kid to cut it out. The punk replied by staring Lara down as he rode his bike away. We kinda laughed this event off, although we were in shock with the attitude of this kid. So then a few minutes later Kaleb is riding his bike over near the house of this kid and his two older brothers. The oldest of the brothers (about twice the size of Kaleb) then proceed to start swearing at Kaleb and taunting him to fight him or something. From a far I simply saw Kaleb being surrounded by these 3 bullies. Kaleb attempted to just ride away but the oldest kept following him taunting him. I only heard the last couple taunts as I arrived on the scene to (and I assure you I was very kind in my manner) stand up for my boy and give it to this punk bully. I was very proud of both my boys as in both situations they showed the maturity often not shown by older men to just walk away from the bully. They definitely taught me a great lesson today.

1 comment:

  1. oh freak, I'da been giving it something much meaner to those punks. GRRRRRR.

    I can even HEAR Lara's voice yelling at the kid. haha.

    ReplyDelete